Tough Breaks 3.OH Lineup
The following cards and/or other bonus items are currently hidden in our coveted Tough Breaks envelopes that are randomized to "losing entries" on days that we do three (3) or more breaks! Check out our up to date roster with players, series, and date added to see what's available, and be sure to scroll down to check out program details along with our original Tough Breaks announcement video!
What are "Tough Breaks"?
When you break with Buckeye City Sports Cards (better known as BuckCityBreaks), we want you to feel like a winner, even when you don't pull a card! One way of doing that is through a free second chance opportunity called Tough Breaks!
Where did Tough Breaks Originate?
The idea was inspired by a conversation via Twitter DMs with a loyal follower, @SportsGenius27. He had confessed the amount of money he had spent with another breaker, only to walk away empty handed with the consolidation offer of a $3 break credit. Look, we all understand the nature of this beast and that you won't always walk away with product, but that didn't sit well with us, so we decided to do something about it!
The Tough Breaks Process
To get a better understanding of tough breaks, click on the video below. Although it is lengthy, it gives details to the program, along with the original contents of our Tough Breaks 3.OH envelopes, but in a nutshell, here's how it works:
On nights that we do three (3) or more group breaks, Tough Breaks is activated and will occur immediately following our scheduled group breaks.
- We throw all of the "losing entries" (entries that did not receive a single card) into the randomizer using random.org , and shuffle the entries the amount of times the dice tell us to. The individual at the top of the list following the shuffle will receive the contents of the envelope mentioned in the next step.
- Next, we throw the numbers 1-50 into the randomizer using random.org, and shuffle the same amount of times as we did the "losing entries". The number at the top of list following the shuffle determines the numbered envelope awarded to the individual in the previous step.
- Finally, we find the corresponding numbered envelope, rip it open to reveal it's contents, and give that to the individual atop the list after the completion of step 2!
- If you buy 10 entries across 3 breaks and don't hit a single item, AND we do at least 3 group breaks that day, you will get 10 entries into Tough Breaks.
- If you buy 10 entries across 3 breaks and hit on 4 of those breaks, AND we do at least 3 group breaks that day, you will get 7 entries into Tough Breaks.
- If you buy into 10 entries across 3 breaks and hit on all 10 entries, whether or not we reach our 3 break minimum, you will not be entered into Tough Breaks.
- If you buy into 10 entries and you hit on 5 of those entries, but we only fill 2 breaks that day, Tough Breaks will be locked and no one will get an entry into the program that evening.
Tough Breaks Announcement Video